I am a sheep farmer’s daughter who grew up with wonderful woolly omnivores in the beautiful rolling Cotswolds countryside.
I now live in the most wonderful vibrant capital city of LONDON.
My history combines a heady mix of rural and city influences; that have inspired me to create a range of products that combine both of these amazing parts in my life. I have a passion for wool, leather and sheepskin and the wonderful tactile and innate properties that they possess. I create WOLLE+HIDE products so that I can share my love of texture, colour, shape and natural fibres with other Design conscious individuals.
All of the products in the WOLLE + HIDE range use natural materials; we specialise in wool and leather/ sheepskin – Some of the early staple materials that shaped the country.
The WOLLE+HIDE products are based around simple shapes as we believe that this emphasises the beautiful materials that we use. We incorporate design details in our products that have been used in traditional country clothing, for example, Shepherds bags, pockets from olde hunting jackets and horn fastenings.
The WOLLE+HIDE range combines Urban influences with details such as Oyster card pockets, Tablet holders with internal pockets, wrist straps, reflective strips and clothing with deep pockets; all for the ease of busy modern living!
The materials in WOLLE+HIDE products are sourced from UK producers as much as possible:
We support the Campaign for wool and British small farmers and weavers.
* I Sewed from an early age inspired by my wonderfully talented mother
* Studied Fashion and Textiles Degrees and Diploma
* Worked in Interior Design for prestigious companies for seven years
* Worked in the Fashion Industry- retail and design
* Have a Design Technology PGCE and taught Art and Design- specialising in Textiles for fifteen years. I was deputy head of sixth form focussing on Art and Design A Level.
* Founded WOLLE+HIDE in SEPTEMBER 2013